Terms and conditions for use
Telephone: Tel: +47 67 10 91 00
|Kari Ekelund Thørud
Strategy, M&A, and People
Head of Staff Functions
Director Market Coupling Operator
|Marianne W. Jenssen,
Competent Supervisory Authority
Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate
Norges Vassdrags- og Energidirektoratet (NVE)
Nord Pool AS:
Organisation number: 919 585 099
VAT identification number: NO919585099MVA
Nord Pool European Market Coupling Operator AS:
Organisation number: 984 058 098
VAT identification number: NO984058098MVA
It is important to us to ensure that all processing of personal data is conducted in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to help you understand what information Nord Pool Group* (hereafter "we" or "Nord Pool") collect, why we collect it and how you can manage your rights.
We also provide information about the use of analytics tools and cookies on our website and how you can manage your preferences for these activities.
1. How we collect and use your personal data
Personal data is any information related to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, details such as names, mailing addresses, email-addresses, telephone numbers as well as behavioural data such as orders you place on our trading platforms or the IP-address you use when you connect to our website or our trading platforms.
The types of personal data that we collect and how we use that information depends on your relationship with Nord Pool:
1. Visitors of our website: We collect information that is transmitted by you and your device (including your IP-address) to provide you with the service you request from our website. The information is only stored for the duration of your visit to our website and will typically not allow us to identify you as an individual, with the exception of information you provide through the "contact us" form. We also collect anonymous and aggregated information about visits to our website for statistical purposes. The information is used to:
- Provide you with information from our website (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Transmit and reply to requests made through "contact us" form on the website, (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Reply to questions and requests made through the “Chat now” function on the website, (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Understand how users interact with and use our website (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
2. Registered users of our trading platforms: We collect your contact information (incl. your name, email and telephone number), information about the customer you are trading under (typically your employer), information about your user credentials (username and password) and the device you are using to connect to our trading platform as well as activities conducted on our platforms such as initiating and completing orders or managing your preferences. The information is used to:
- Provide our services to you and the customer you are trading under (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (b))
- Issue notifications and other important communications to you (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Provide information about orders and transactions to the customer you are trading under (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f)) and to regulatory authorities when required by law (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (c))
- To ensure adequate security of personal data and the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the trading platforms
3. Business contacts: We collect contact information and other basic personal data about individuals working for our business partners (including customers and suppliers) when and to the extent necessary to conduct our business. The information is used to:
- Provide services to you and/or your employer, including ensuring we comply with our contractual obligations (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Communicate and provide relevant information to you (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Market events or our services in general to you, subject to your marketing preferences (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (a) and (f))
4. Visitors of our offices: We collect your name, telephone number and employer/organisation when you visit our offices. The information is used to:
- Provide notifications to the person you are visiting (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Ensure adequate security of our premises (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (c))
5. Callers to Nord Pool's trading desk: We record incoming and outgoing telephone calls on Nord Pool's trading desk. Participants will be notified about the recording and the purposes in the beginning to the call. The information is used to:
- Monitor compliance with Nord Pool's Rulebook and market conduct rules
- Handle incidents and disputes, including information related to a transaction or trading or any instructions given in connection with an issue or incident related to Nord Pool's platforms or the market coupling process
- Investigate breaches of applicable law
- Monitor service quality and to train personnel
* Nord Pool Group consist of the following companies: Nord Pool Holding AS, Nord Pool AS, Nord Pool Finland Oy, Nord Pool AB, Nord Pool Consulting AS, Nord Pool European Market Coupling Operator AS, Nord Pool European Market Coupling Operator Oy, and Nord Pool European Market Coupling Operator AB.
This website might install cookies on your computer. Cookies are small files collecting data on the use of the website in an anonymised form. Our cookies do not collect sensitive data such as your name or address.
If you prefer to block or delete our cookies, you can control that through our cookie control page. Some of the functionality of our website will be lost if you delete all cookies. By not adjusting your cookie settings on the cookie control page or in your browser, you are deemed to consent to cookies according to Norwegian electronic communication act section 2-7b.
3. Disclosure to third parties
Nord Pool does not disclose personal data to third parties, with the following exceptions:
- Nord Pool may disclose information to authorities and other third parties when necessary to comply with legal obligations or to fulfil statutory rights
- Information may be disclosed to another company in the Nord Pool Group when this is necessary in order to provide the relevant services to you or our customer (your employer/organisation
- When trading on Nord Pool's trading platforms, Nord Pool may disclose orders, transactions and other relevant data to our customer (your employer/organisation)
- Nord Pool may use external service providers as data processors in accordance with section 4 below
4. Use of data processors
When providing services to our customers, we may use external service providers to process personal data on our behalf as data processors. Such data processors are subject to strict requirements regarding the processing and safeguarding of personal data and may not use personal data for other purposes than providing the agreed services to Nord Pool. In addition, the data processors must comply with specific requirements and obligations for data processors under applicable data protection law.
Some of these data processors may transfer data outside of the EU/EEA-area. If so, such transfers are subject to appropriate safeguards in the form of standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU commission or an approved certification mechanism such as the Privacy Shield, cf. GDPR article 46 (2) (c) and (f).
5. How long we retain your personal data
Personal data is only kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they are processed. The criteria for determining the retention period includes:
- The nature of your relationship with us and how the data was collected
- The nature and sensitivity of the personal data
- The purposes for which the personal data is being used
- The existence of any legal obligations to retain the personal data
Telephone records of Nord Pool's trading desk are kept for 9 months, unless further retention is necessary due to an ongoing dispute or investigation.
6. Your rights
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have a right to:
- Be informed if your personal data is being used ("Right to Information")
- Find out if an organization is using or storing your personal data, and to get copies of your data ("Right of Access")
- Challenge the accuracy of personal data held about you by an organization and get your data corrected ("Right to Rectification")
- Ask an organization to delete personal data that it holds about you ("Right to Erasure")
- Limit the way an organization use your data ("Right to Restriction")
- Get your personal data from an organization in a way that is accessible ("Right to Data Portability")
- Object to the processing or use of your personal data in some circumstances ("Right to Object")
In addition, you have a right to withdraw your consent if processing is based upon your consent ("Right to Withdraw Consent") and to lodge a complaint with both Nord Pool and the data protection authorities.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. To facilitate the efficient handling of your rights, we ask that you are as specific as possible in your request. As an example, requests for access to telephone recording to Nord Pool's trading desk shall contain the date of the telephone call and the number from/to which it was made.
In case of queries concerning the collection, use or other processing of your personal data, including exercising of your individual rights, please contact:
Nord Pool AS
P.O. Box 121
Telephone: +47 67 10 91 00
Terms and conditions for use of website
By accessing and using this website, or any service of this website, you acknowledge, accept and agree to all of our terms and conditions of use as described below, and otherwise contained on or referenced in this website. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, you are not authorized to access and use this website.
The proprietary rights of all contents of this website, including any copyrights, databases (whether or not protected by law), trade marks, designs or other intellectual property rights are the exclusive property of Nord Pool, or such third party credited as the provider of the contents. Any use of the content contained or provided through this website, except as specifically permitted by these terms and conditions, is strictly prohibited.
You may download, store and use the contents of this website for use in connection with trading on the Nord Pool market, and for analysis or research of your firm or company, provided you keep intact all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the contents of this website available to any other party or make the same available on any website, on-line service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or on any other media without our express prior written consent from Nord Pool's Power Data Services. You can contact them through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nord Pool does not permit automatic extraction of data or other usage that reduces the performance of the website. Any such extraction or usage will lead to the user being blocked from the website without further notice.
Nord Pool expressly disclaims any responsibility for any mistakes or inaccuracies in the information to the fullest extent permitted by law. Furthermore, Nord Pool disclaims all liability for loss or damage, which may result from the use of information contained on this website.
Any links to other websites are provided for convenience only, and Nord Pool assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the contents of those other websites linked to, or any products or services advertised or sold on those websites.
You acknowledge and agree that we may modify these terms and conditions of use at any time, at our sole discretion, and that all modifications will be effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on this site.
These terms and conditions are subject to Norwegian law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Norway.