Nord Pool offers continuous intraday trading of power products with physical delivery in the Nordic and Baltic regions, Germany and the UK.
Prices are set based on a pay-as-bid basis for all transactions. In contrast to the common market clearing price in the day-ahead auction the prices in the intraday market for the same product may vary during the trading period.
Acting as a balancing market to support the day-ahead market, Nord Pool intraday provides members with a place to further refine physical positions before final balancing measures are taken by the TSOs.
Nord Pool’s intraday markets are open 24/7, 365 days a year offering 15 minute, 30 minute, hourly and block products providing the flexibility needed to meet the needs of the different market areas.
Nord Pool has recently upgraded the web based trading solution to include new features and a new API.
Intraday Web offers a single point of access to Nord Pool's European intraday markets as well as being fully compatible with the future requirements that intraday coupling across Europe will bring.
- Single Interface to all Nord Pool Intraday markets – Nordic/Baltic, Germany and UK
- XBID ready – developed to easily accommodate intraday cross-border coupling
- All customers sign on via Single Sign On (SSO)
- Full spec API solution for trade capture and trade entry (including multi order)
- Latest Web-Based Technology – an HTML5 solution which enables Nord Pool to easily manage new system releases with minimal customer impact or market disturbance
- Complete European Product Offering including 15, 30 and 60 minute products, blocks and iceberg orders
- Dynamic – Versatile front end that can be easily adapted to meet individual user preferences.