Nord Pool offers continuous intraday trading of power products with physical delivery in the Nordic and Baltic regions, Germany and the UK.
Prices are set based on a pay-as-bid basis for all transactions. In contrast to the common market clearing price in the day-ahead auction the prices in the intraday market for the same product may vary during the trading period.
Acting as a balancing market to support the day-ahead market, Nord Pool intraday provides members with a place to further refine physical positions before final balancing measures are taken by the TSOs.
Nord Pool’s intraday markets are open 24/7, 365 days a year offering 15 minute, 30 minute, hourly and block products providing the flexibility needed to meet the needs of the different market areas.
Nord Pool has developed a brand new web based trading solution, offering a single point of access to Nord Pool's European intraday markets as well as being fully compatible with the future requirements that intraday coupling across Europe will bring.
- Single Interface to all Nord Pool Intraday markets – Nordic/Baltic, Germany and UK
- XBID ready – developed to easily accommodate intraday cross-border coupling
- Full spec API solution for trade capture and trade entry (including multi order)
- Latest Web-Based Technology – an HTML5 solution which enables Nord Pool to easily manage new system releases with minimal customer impact or market disturbance
- Complete European Product Offering including 15, 30 and 60 minute products, blocks and iceberg orders
- Dynamic – Versatile front end that can be easily adapted to meet individual user preferences.