Nord Pool is launching a new market concept in the form of cross-border intraday auctions in the Nordics, Baltics and Germany.
If you are already a member trading at Nord Pool, please request access to our member test environment by registering. Please use the member test sign-up form.
If you are not a member please apply for membership.
Member testing environment is available. For further information, follow link from Documents and links.
Testing opened December 12 2017. Sign up using the member test sign-up form
- Trading starts April 10 2018
Any further updates on this page will be mentioned here.
The go-live date for our intraday auctions has been updated. Following extended development and testing, we have revised our launch of the new auctions to Tuesday 10 April. This allows an additional extension of testing to ensure that the new intraday auctions are both robust and delivering what our customers tell us they need.
What is it?
The intraday auctions are a new market, complementing the continuous intraday market to create a clear intraday price signal, increased transparency and providing new trading opportunities in an auction format.
Two new daily intraday auctions will be run - at 22:00 and 10:00 CET - enabling trading across bidding zones using the cross-border capacities available at the time. The 22:00 auction will cover all 24 hourly products of the upcoming day, while the morning auction will cover the last 12 hours of the day.
The intraday auction concept will be based on Nord Pool’s well-functioning day-ahead system and Euphemia algorithm.
- The auction covers the Nordics, Baltics and Germany
- Two daily auctions run with gate closures at 22:00 and 10:00 CET
- 22:00 CET auction covers [00 – 24]
- 10:00 CET auction covers [12 – 24]
- Product type: Hourly products
- Orders are as in day-ahead market and matched the same way
- Order types available: Curve orders, regular block orders and profiled block orders
- Price limits are the same as in the day-ahead market; - 500 EUR/MWh and + 3000 EUR/MWh
- Orders are uploaded as Excel spread sheets or directly through the user interface
- Trade capture is done manually from the user interface as downloads of Excel spread sheets or automatically through the CASS API
- Transmission capacities between bidding zones are frozen for the auction 15 minutes before auction gate closure, meaning that it is still possible to trade inside each bidding zone. Technically the capacities are set to zero
- Transmission capacities are returned from the auction to the continuous intraday market when the results are available as soon as possible after the auction gate closure. In case of technical difficulties or other issues, the timeout for returning capacities to the continuous market is set at 30 minutes
Q&A and log-on
A Q&A is accessible through link on this page.
Log on is with Single Sign On (SSO), using electronic 2 factor authentications. Nord Pool may re-utilise users already registered for trading in the Intraday market. New users must register with Nord Pool.
See our competitive fee structure.
We will continue to update this page and communicate with members directly regarding the details of the new intraday auctions. In the meantime, should you have any questions or require support from Nord Pool please get in touch.