16 January 2018
Following the recent announcement that the XBID project plans to go live in Q1 2018, Nord Pool is upgrading its Intraday Web platform on January 16 2018. This is a change to the previously announced go live date of November 8.
As part of this upgrade we will:
- Introduce new features to the Intraday Web platform
- Transition customers using ELBAS Java to Intraday Web
- Launch a new Intraday API
The new Intraday Web platform will be accessed via our Single Sign On technology (SSO) which eliminates the need to use existing physical tokens.
On this page you can find the latest information regarding the upgrade.
- Customer Info Pack published - April 2017
- Initial API documentation - 31 May 2017
- API test environment available – 31 May 2017
API Q&A Webinar sessions - August 30 and September 6 2017 (see details below)
- URL for new member test environment available – September 2017
- Webinar Training Sessions – September 14 onwards (see details below)
- Final API documentation published – August 2017
- API Q&A Webinar session – September 26
- Test environment SSO user credentials sent to members – October 2017
- Member Test Environment available – October 17 onwards
- Production SSO user credentials sent to members – 16 January 2018
- Go Live – January 16 2018
- Java Client closed - all customers move to Intraday Web – January 16 2018
- Intraday API closed and replaced by Intraday API 2.0 – January 16 2018
- XBID Go Live – Q1 2018
Upgrading Intraday Web
Our Intraday Web platform has been in use since 2015. Many members across Nord Pool’s markets are using it already. As part of this upgrade we will be introducing additional features as follows:
- Multi-market area view within a single trading screen
- Ability to open and save multiple screens within your browser simultaneously
- Simple solution to manage multiple orders directly in the market window
- Preferences are now stored on Nord Pool’s servers so that users can log on from any computer they like and continue to use their favourite settings
- General improvements to the overall usability of the platform
A link to the current Intraday web platform and further information can be found on our Intraday page.
Nord Pool Intraday Upgrade Member Testing – October 17
We are happy to confirm that members will be able to start testing the Intraday Web user interface from October 17 onwards.
The member test environment will be connected to the CASS & REMIT test environments on 31 October 2017 allowing members to perform end to end testing from this date forward.
Additional features and functionality will be deployed to the test system during the testing period. Customers will be notified via the release notes summary when logging into the Intraday Web user interface.
Accessing the member test environment
Member Test URL: https://intraday2.test.nordpoolgroup.com
Members will receive their user SSO credentials by email no later than the 16th October
If you have not received your user credentials by this date please first check that it has not been sent to your Junk or clutter folders. If you are still unable to locate it please get in touch with our customer service team firstname.lastname@example.org
We will hold a series of training webinars from September onwards, where members can familiarise themselves with the Intraday Web platform and the new features that will be available from go-live.
Should you have any additional training needs, please get in touch with your market manager who will be happy to assist.
Should you have any additional training needs please get in touch with your market manager who will be happy to discuss.
The new Intraday API 2.0
The existing Intraday API will be replaced with our new Intraday API 2.0 which is easier to use and XBID-ready. We published the initial API documentation on our Developer Portal in May 2017 and launched an API test environment for members wishing to engage in early testing, in June 2017.
You can access our developer hub, and details of the test environment, here: https://developers.nordpoolgroup.com.
If you do not have an existing username and password, you can get immediate access by signing up at the bottom of our API webpage.
Introducing Single Sign On (SSO) for Intraday Web
Single Sign On (SSO) enables users to access all Nord Pool systems using a single set of login credentials. We have been gradually moving our systems on to this new service and will now include the Intraday Web platform as part of this Upgrade.
Moving to our SSO service will allow members to navigate between applications and remove the need for physical tokens. Further details can be found within the SSO FAQ’s in the useful documents section on the bottom right hand side of this page.
We will be getting in touch with trading responsible contacts during July to request confirmation of Intraday users, to facilitate that new user credentials are ready in time for Member Testing, starting in October.
We will continue to update this page and communicate with members directly regarding the details of this upgrade, should you have any questions or require support from Nord Pool please get in touch.