Nord Pool XBID
12 intraday markets in one
From European Cross-Border Intraday Market (XBID) solution Go-Live 12 June 2018, all Nord Pool intraday customers will get access to trade in a total of 12 markets. These markets encompass new geographic trading areas and a larger intraday liquidity pool. We will help you make the most of it.
This section on the website will be updated weekly with more detailed information.
Enter new markets?
From 12 June you will be able to trade Nord Pool intraday in France, The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria in addition to the Nordic, Baltic and German markets. The UK has no plan to launch XBID until 2019.
To be able to trade within the new market areas you will need to be a Nord Pool member and to set up a trading portfolio for the specific market. Please contact our Customer Support to get this handled in an efficient way.
Online learning sessions – dates and registration
General introduction - trading in Germany and/or Nordic/Baltic: 2 May 13.30-14.30 CEST
Trading in Germany and/or Nordic/Baltic: 16 May 13-13.30 CEST
Trading in Germany and/or Nordic/Baltic: 6 June 14-14.30 CEST
General introduction - I do not trade Nord Pool intraday yet: 2 May 15-16.00 CEST
I do not trade Nord Pool intraday yet: 16 May 14-14.30 CEST
I do not trade Nord Pool intraday yet: 6 June 14-14.30 CEST
Important changes and updates
Trading and Products
Trade recall requests can be triggered by the trader directly from our trading client and will be managed automatically by the system.
- The price tick size will change across all markets from 0.1 to 0.01 EUR/MW
- Minimum size of customized block will increase from 1 to 2 hours
- The XBID order depth will no longer contain area information (flags) for public orders
- The XBID order depth visibility is limited to 31 orders
- Trade ticker is limited to displaying trades where minimum one of the counterparties is a Nord Pool member.
- Trade Ticker will not show the aggressor of the trade as it does today
- Gate opening times and gate closure times change