Nord Pool XBID
12 intraday markets in one
From European Cross-Border Intraday Market (XBID) solution go-live 12 June 2018, all Nord Pool intraday customers will get access to trade in a total of 12 markets. These markets encompass new geographic trading areas and a larger intraday liquidity pool. We will help you make the most of it.
This section on the website will be updated weekly with more detailed information.
Enter new markets?
From 12 June you will be able to trade Nord Pool intraday in France, The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria in addition to the Nordic, Baltic and German markets. The UK has no plan to launch XBID until 2019.
To be able to trade within the new market areas you will need to be a Nord Pool member and to set up a trading portfolio for the specific market. Please contact our Customer Support to get this handled in an efficient way.
Online learning sessions – dates and registration
To go through important aspects related to the opportunities presented by XBID go-live we will host multiple webinars on 16 May and 6 June. You will meet some of our XBID experts who will guide you through the benefits and changes related to a coupled cross-border intraday market. Sign up for the webinar that suits you the best (we will include information about our new markets in all the webinars).
Nord Pool members trading in Nordic/Baltic
Already held. Please contact us for questions.
Nord Pool Members Trading in Germany and/or Nordic Baltic
Prospective Nord Pool Members
Nord Pool’s member test environment is fully configured and set up for XBID testing. You can log in and test at any time until XBID go-live.
What can I test?
- Nordic and Baltic members are able to test normal trading on XBID contracts
- If you are trading in Germany you will be able to trade on local contracts as well as XBID contracts, as scheduled in the timeline
- Trade in the new Nord Pool market areas; the Netherlands; Belgium; France and Austria
- If you like to set up a test portfolio in one or all of the new markets, please contact your local market manager
- Test how the changes listed below impacts trading and your internal systems
- Test your API solution
- Capacities are added ad-hoc during the normal test period (outside of the market trial period)
- UK members can trade as normal on local contracts, unaffected by XBID
XBID market trial, 14 to 18 May
XBID market trial is a centrally organised testing period where all power exchanges and TSOs are involved. Why should you test during this period?
- TSOs will apply realistic capacities at the times scheduled in the timeline
- You will be able to see pooled liquidity from all market areas and power exchanges taking part in XBID from 12 June
- The market trial is performed in an XBID test environment with performance similar to what you can expect in production after go-live. Testing outside of this period is run in an environment with lesser performance and latency
If you have any questions about testing, please contact our intraday team.
Important changes and updates
Energy Identification Code (EIC) change affecting members trading in Germany and the Baltic countries
There will be a change to the Energy Identification Code (EIC) affecting Nord Pool members trading intraday in Germany and/or any of the Baltic countries.
This means that for members trading intraday in any of these countries, the last delivery date on which the current EIC code can be used for nominations will be 12 June 2018.
For all nominations of intraday trades with delivery date 13 June 2018 and onwards, customers must use the new EIC code.
Trading and products
Trade recall requests can be triggered by the trader directly from our trading client and will be managed automatically by the system
- The price tick size will change across all markets from 0.1 to 0.01 EUR/MW
- Minimum size of customized block will increase from 1 to 2 hours
- The XBID order depth visibility (per sell and buy side) is limited to maximum 50 orders, or until sum of orders exceeds 600MW, but never less than 31 orders. The maximum number of orders shown in the order depth for User Defined Blocks is the same, but divided with the duration of the block contract (rounded down).
- The XBID order depth will no longer contain area information (flags) for public orders
Trade ticker is limited to displaying trades where minimum one of the counterparties is a Nord Pool member
- Trade Ticker will not show the aggressor of the trade as it does today
- Due to all orders sent to the XBID system being anonymised, the current functionality in the system to prevent self-trading within a portfolio will not be present at XBID launch on the 12th June. However there will continue to be visual markers in the market information and order depth windows indicating a user’s own orders. Nord Pool is investigating other potential solutions for this feature.