Becoming a member
To trade on Nord Pool’s day-ahead and intraday markets you need to go through a simple application process to become a member.
We offer different types of membership – and our staff will be happy to advise on what membership will suit you and your organisation best. Nord Pool currently has approximately 380 members from 20 different countries trading in our markets.
To become a member at Nord Pool, an applicant must:
- be financially sound
- have registered with a VAT register
- hold a balancing agreement with the TSO (Transmission System Operator) in your requested trading area (ELEXON in the UK)
What happens in the membership process?
- One of our Market Managers will contact you and provide you with an initial application form
- On receiving the completed form our risk team will conduct a short assessment and decide whether to forward your application
- If the application is approved, we will issue you with an agreements package containing the agreements you need to sign to start trading with us.
- Throughout the membership process our support team is there to work with you. We will guide you and can help with technical set up.
Once everything is in place you are ready to start trading with us.
We can also guide you, and provide further information on, securing your bank agreement and collateral; how to get your balancing agreement by TSOs/ELEXON in place; and assist with preparation for approval by National Regulators, to become a market participant.
Please provide the details required and send this to your local Market Managers, listed on the right. Please include:
- Telephone number
- Company name