Nord Pool Certified Compliance Course - Online 21/11
Now you can learn how to comply with REMIT and Transparency regulation online, in your own time!
Let our dedicated Market Surveillance experts share their decades-worth of experience on how to comply with the most recent laws and regulations governing the European physical power market.
The Nord Pool Certified Compliance Course consists of two parts:
- Online material you cover in your own time
- Live Q&A session with the Nord Pool Market Surveillance team live online. Take advantage of an exclusive Q&A session for your organization!
This compliance course is ideal for anyone who needs to understand how the European physical power market is regulated.
Nord Pool Market Surveillance will host a live online session where all your questions are answered. Ask questions live or anonymously by sending them beforehand via email. Once you have registered (see below), you will get an invitation to the live session.
Online in your own time
The online material is split into six parts and includes many easy-to-understand recorded presentations summarizing the written text, with case studies and test questions. Take the tests as many as ten times if you like - you will find answers to all the questions in the written material and recorded presentations.
- Section 1: Transparency Regulation
This describes transparency regulation and explains the different types of mandatory data to be reported and published by market participants such as generators, consumers and TSOs (Transmission System Operators).
- Section 2: REMIT
This gives detailed and practical knowledge on the regulation of wholesale Market Integrity and Transparency – Europe's first set of common rules for wholesale energy markets.
- Section 3: The REMIT Best Practice Report
The REMIT Best Practice Report is made over several years in close cooperation with stakeholders in the power market on how best to interpret REMIT.
- Section 4: Nord Pool's UMM Platform
Gets you familiar with Urgent Market Messages (UMM), better known as the REMIT-UMM platform, its functions and how it helps regulatory compliance.
- Section 5: Market Monitoring and the Market Surveillance Function
This presents how market monitoring is carried out across Europe and by Nord Pool Market Surveillance.
- Section 6: Final remarks
Additional information for those who want to go beyond the Nord Pool Certified Compliance Course curriculum.
There are test questions throughout the online material. Once you have passed the test (by answering at least 90 % correctly), you will be awarded the Nord Pool Certified Compliance Course Digital Diploma that you can post online. You can also print out your diploma in pdf format for the office wall!
The fee includes:
- Live Q&A session
- Copies of all presentations you will see online
- Full access to the extensive online material and test questions
- Nord Pool Certified Compliance Course Digital Diploma. We expect all participants to pass the test within a week of the live Q&A session. We will therefore issue the diploma a week after the live Q&A session.
Participant fee is EUR 1000 (Nord Pool members and stakeholders get a 25 % discount).
Exclusive courses can be arranged on request, as well as exclusive Q&A sessions. Choose between online meetings, or in person at Nord Pool offices - or we can visit your workplace. Please note we have limited capacity to host exclusive courses.