Nord Pool Spot has received the following information from Elering and Fingrid:
Transmission System Operators (TSOs), Elering in Estonia and Fingrid in Finland, have rented a part of Estlink for market from 1st April 2010. So far the capacity has been allocated on daily basis for Nord Pool Spot Elspot market. The launch of the Estlink price area has been a success, therefore the TSOs have also decided to launch an intraday trade possibility to be based on temporary transmission reservations as of 3 May 2010.
This intraday trade will be open to all market participants and the trade is done within the remaining free capacity after Elspot auction. The aim of the TSOs is to continue this service until Estlink Elbas-trade is introduced by Nord Pool Spot.
The main principles to be applied to the temporary intraday service are the following:
- The service is accessible on equal terms for all market participants. The market participant shall make a transmission service agreement with the TSOs to be able to use this service.
- The available capacity after Elspot auction will be offered for intraday trade. The trading possibility is opened daily in the afternoon and is available until one hour prior to a delivery hour.
- Market participants shall each time submit to the TSOs a request to use the available capacity. TSOs will approve submitted requests within the limits of the available capacity.
- In the balance settlement the trade which is related to an approved transmission request is defined as fixed trade between relevant market participants.
- The TSOs are responsible for guaranteeing the transmission service for the approved intraday trade similarly as with the Elbas-trade in the Nordic market.
Lysaker, 14 April 2010 09:15 CET
For further information please contact:
Elering: Ingrid Arus, Development Manager, tel. +372 53412159
Fingrid: Juha Hiekkala, Development Manager, tel. +358 (0)30 395 5108 or +358 (0)40 553 9898