EPEX SPOT experienced today a major incident at 10:20 am with its trading system, which rendered the bid submission by the members difficult or impossible.
- We tried to sort out the problem and to fix it during today’s sessions. Unfortunately, this was not possible.
- We applied the usual procedure to enter the orders we were receiving on behalf of our members. Given the high number of orders concerned, this process slowed down the entire trading session.
- This caused a delay in the auction time of Switzerland to 12:14 instead of 11:10.
- EPEX SPOT order books were not complete at the deadline to submit them to the EMCC system. Therefore according to the procedures, an ITVC decoupling was agreed.
- EPEX SPOT Market Operations Department managed to enter most of the orders before CWE deadline.
- Therefore the market results were published shortly after 14:00.
- EPEX SPOT then encountered an additional issue with the generation of schedules and their dispatch. That issue was finally fixed at 15:07.
- All nominations have been processed by ECC by 16:00.
We are currently checking the order execution with the members.
We would like to thank the TSOs for their reactivity and flexibility concerning the postponement of the Gate Closure Times.
We also thank our partners from ITVC, CWE and HUPX for their support.
We apologize to all our members and to the other market participants for the inconveniency that this incident has caused.
The origin of the problem has been identified and we are confident to restore the situation for tomorrow’s session.
We will keep you shortly informed about the origin and cause of the incident and the status of our systems for tomorrow’s session.
Lysaker, 26 October 2011 18:51 CET