As of 4 February 2014, amendments related to the upcoming implementation of the North-Western Europe (NWE) and Price Coupling of Regions (PCR) projects will be implemented to Nord Pool Spot’s regulations. These changes relate to:
- General Terms – Trading Rules
- Trading Appendix 1 – Definitions
- Trading Appendix 2a – Elspot Market Regulations
- Trading Appendix 3 – Product specifications
The changes to the regulations are done in order to adapt to the NWE price coupling regime and the NWE/PCR procedures. The changes and amendments are specified in the enclosed presentation.
In addition we have done some updates to the clearing rules and client agreements with annexes.
- Clearing rules Sections 1.1.4, 3.1.1, 4.3.7, 4.3.10 and 5.1.1 are changed for clarification of the wording and to improve the description of today’s processes
- Clearing rules Section 5.1.2 is a material change reducing the Client Representatives exposure
- A new Annex 1 to the Client Agreement is made to better reflect the Client/Client Representative situation and Annex 2 (Trading Portfolio Overview) and the Client Agreement is updated accordingly.
The revised general terms and trading appendices will take effect from 4 February 2014.
About Nord Pool Spot
Nord Pool Spot operates Europe’s leading power markets, offering both day-ahead and intraday trading to its members. 370 companies from 20 countries trade on Nord Pool Spot’s markets in the Nordic and Baltic regions, and on our UK market N2EX. In 2013 the group had a total turnover of 493 TWh traded power. Our markets are operated from offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Tallinn and London. Nord Pool Spot strives continually to strengthen its business by working with integrity, together with members and stakeholders, to achieve excellence.
Lysaker, 16 January 2014
For further information, please contact:
Hilde A. K. Rosenblad, Manager Nordic and Baltic Operations, +47 67 10 91 74
Stina Johansen, Head of Communications, +47 916 50 603 (for press enquiries)