Nord Pool Certified Compliance Course - REMIT, Transparency Regulation and the UMM Platform
In this online course, held across two half-day webinars, the highly experienced Nord Pool Market Surveillance team will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of regulation in the European physical power market.
The course will also cover the many compliance features Nord Pool offers, including the UMM platform for publication of inside information and our system reporting orders and transactions to ACER.
The course is held online and managed by Nord Pool’s in-house experts in close cooperation with the team at Nord Pool Consulting. Subjects covered include:
- Explaining REMIT and Transparency Regulation with relevant case law
- Presentation of REMIT Best Practice Report – a sector review on best practice compliance measures
- Nord Pool’s Transaction Service, including reporting to ACER
- Presentation of Nord Pool’s proven REMIT UMM service
- Live training on how to ensure compliance with regulation using Nord Pool REMIT UMM Platform
- Explaining the European market monitoring framework
- Q&A session: Your questions answered (can be submitted in advance, to Nord Pool Academy)
- Interactive sessions to revise key topics
- Online training material, including knowledge test
- Completion diploma (provided the online knowledge test is passed)
Your questions answered:
Prior to the course you can anonymously share specific questions you might have on how to ensure compliance with regulation. These will be answered in the presentations by our experts during the two half-day webinars.
You are also encouraged to ask questions throughout the webinars.
Who should join?
Anybody who is trading wholesale electricity contracts, or whose work is otherwise connected to the wholesale electricity market and anybody working towards fulfilling the requirements under applicable law:
- Compliance officers and staff
- System providers (e.g. trade support systems or developing algorithmic trading solutions)
- Transmission System Operators
- National Regulatory Authorities
- Power exchanges using Nord Pool as a service and system provider
- Anybody who wants to understand the finer details of the common European power market
All presentations and slides will be in English. Questions can be asked in English, any Scandinavian language, or German.
- Two webinars to be held in 2021 - dates to be confirmed
- Both webinars start CET 12:00 and end 16:00 both days and cover different topics
- Online course material will be made available prior to the webinars
Presenters and coordinator
- Ekaterina Moiseeva, Market Surveillance Analyst, Nord Pool
- Jon Rokne Bolkesjø, Market Surveillance Analyst, Nord Pool
- Haakon Reiersen Leknes, Senior Consultant, Nord Pool Consulting
- Fee includes a copy of all slides, diploma, knowledge test
- 50% discount for Nord Pool members (pay just EUR 500 per person).
- Non-members - EUR 1000 per person.
- Additional 10% discount for three or more attendees from the same organisation provided we can send only one invoice.