Nord Pool Compliance Course - REMIT, Transparency Regulation and UMM Application
On this new course the experienced Nord Pool Market Surveillance team will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of regulation in the European power market.
It will also cover the many compliance features Nord Pool offers, including the UMM system for publication of inside information and our system reporting orders and transactions to ACER.
The course will be managed by experts from the Nord Pool Market Surveillance team and will cover:
- Explaining REMIT and Transparency Regulation (with relevant case law)
- Presentation of REMIT Best Practice Report – a sector review on best-practice compliance measures
- Nord Pool’s Transaction Service, including reporting to ENTSO-E
- Presentation and live demonstration of Nord Pool’s REMIT UMM Service
- Live training on how to ensure compliance with regulation using Nord Pool REMIT UMM
- Q&A session: your questions answered (can be submitted in advance to Nord Pool Academy)
- Knowledge test
- Completion diploma
Your questions answered
Prior to the course you can anonymously share specific questions you might have on how to ensure compliance with regulation. Questions will be answered in the presentations by our experts.
Who should join?
Anybody who is trading wholesale electricity contracts, anybody whose work is otherwise connected to the wholesale electricity market and anybody working towards fulfilling the requirements under applicable law:
- Managers of traders
- Compliance officers and staff
- System providers (e.g. trade support systems or developing algorithmic trading solutions)
- Transmission System Operators
- National Regulatory Authorities
- Power exchanges using Nord Pool as a service and system provider
- All presentations and slides will be in English. Questions can be asked in English, any Scandinavian language or Russian, especially during training and test sessions.
- Future date to be decided
- Registration starts 08:30
- Programme start 09:00, end 16:00
- Social event after official programme
- Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport
- Conference room: Balder
- Ellehammersvej 20, 2770 Kastrup, Denmark
- Ekaterina Moiseeva, Market Monitoring Analyst ⋅ Nord Pool
- Jon Rokne Bolkesjø, Market Surveillance Analyst, Nord Pool
- Marie Knutsen-Öy, Product Manager Compliance & Transparency Services ⋅ Nord Pool
- Haakon Reiersen Leknes, Senior Consultant, Nord Pool Consulting
08:30 – 09:00 Registration. Coffee, tea and fruit will be served
09:00 – 09:15 Welcome! Introduction and opening remarks
09:15 – 10:15 European rules and regulation for the physical power market
Definition and examples of market manipulation and insider trading defined by REMIT
10:15 – 10:35 Coffee Break including juice, fruit, rolls with cold cuts and Danish pastries
10:35 – 11:00 Publication requirements:
Inside information and other information that needs to be published in a timely manner
11:00 – 12:00 Compliance Features (Urgent Market Message (UMM) and Transaction Reporting):
UMM-system, data reporting including the regulatory background for having to report data
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch at restaurant
13:00 – 13:30 Kahoot: Test and repetition of key topics
13:00 – 13:50 How to comply with regulation using live examples and Nord Pool REMIT UMM
13:50 – 14:10 Coffee Break including fruit, vitamin shot, profiteroles and mini croissants
14:10 – 14:40 Market Surveillance at Nord Pool
14:40 – 15:40 REMIT Best Practice Report
15:40 - 16:00 Wrap up
16:00 - Social part of the program: An opportunity to talk to the presenters and other participates. Refreshments and snacks will be served.
To secure your place simply email firstname.lastname@example.org stating:
- Name of the course: Nord Pool Compliance Course in Copenhagen
- Your full name:
- Job title:
- Mobile number:
- Invoice address:
- Fee includes a copy of all slides, diploma, knowledge test, relevant give-aways and of course all refreshments and lunch served from registration in the morning to the social gathering after the course.
- 50 % discount for Nord Pool members (pay just EUR 500 per person).
- Non-members - EUR 1000 per person.
- Additional 10% discount for three or more attendees from the same organization.
We look forward to meeting you in Copenhagen!