Frequently Asked Questions
On this page you can find frequently asked questions regarding the REMIT UMM system. The section is updated on a continuous basis.
1. What is the purpose of the REMIT UMM system?
The main purpose of the REMIT UMM product is to provide market participants with a simple and intuitive way to publish insider information in compliance with EU regulations. REMIT UMM offers an easy way for market participants to stay in compliance with REMIT and the Transparency Regulation.
2. What are the main features of the new REMIT UMM system?
- Publishing, updating and reporting unavailability data for electricity facilities
- Reading custom filtered REMIT UMM’s at the public REMIT UMM web page
- RSS feed for receiving customized filtrations of REMIT UMMs
- Web based - no installation
- API to integrate your local systems with REMIT UMM
3. Which EU regulations are covered in the REMIT UMM service?
- Publishing and reporting inside information to ACER according to European REMIT Regulation EU NO 127/2011.
- Information disclosure on a public platform to the market
- This data is now also reported directly to ACER REMIT platform
- Publishing and reporting fundamental data to ENTSO-E transparency platform according to European Transparency Regulation EU NO 543/2013.
4. Why was the REMIT UMM system updated in the beginning of 2017?
The update was necessary due to the REMIT legislation kicking in by the beginning of 2017, requiring reporting to ACER. The previous UMM system only reported to the ENTSO-E transparency platform. From beginning of 2017 reporting to both ENTSO-E and ACER is mandatory.
5. Why have some data fields been removed from REMIT UMM?
Some information is no longer required by the regulations. REMIT UMM has to be aligned with the requirements of the regulators and we aim to keep the publishing as simple and intuitive as possible.
6. Why was the user interface of REMIT UMM system changed?
With the reporting requirements to ACER for REMIT article 4, it requires that the set of data fields in REMIT UMM system is harmonized to ACER regulation. Our aim has been to keep the end-to-end transparency as far as possible – logical mapping between data fields and information sent to ACER/ENTSOE
7. What are main changes for publication of messages in the current system compared with previous system?
The new system also offers a clear regulatory mapping of REMIT UMM information fields with validation of the information required by REMIT/Transparency Regulation with guidance through help texts.
-Message categories follows the ACER specification: [Unavailability of electricity facilities; Other Market Info]
-Infrastructure has been replaced by Default Values for static data like Unit EIC and Installed capacity. User is allowed to update the Default Values on the fly when publishing REMIT UMM or store REMIT UMMs as drafts.
-DECISION TIME or DURATION UNCERTAINTY fields in the new REMIT UMM system are removed. Neither of these fields are required for any regulation.
-Event types from old system have been replaced by the ACER definition of Type of unavailability and the ENTSOE Reason Code.
-The layout is updated with the same look and feel as in other Nord Pool systems, providing a better overview and interface.
8. Does Nord Pool offer REMIT UMM services in all markets?
Yes, the REMIT UMM system is offered in all European markets, including Norway.
9. Is it possible to have a 3rd party publish REMIT UMM’s on outages?
Yes, the access to publish REMIT UMMs on behalf of a registered ACER Market Participant and update may be delegated to a 3rd party with a REMIT UMM subscription.
10. What are the subscription costs to publish REMIT UMM’s and infrastructure data?
The REMIT UMM service subscription is free of charge for existing Nord Pool Members.
Non-trading customers may subscribe according to the fee schedule.
11. How to subscribe:
Register for REMIT UMM by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. How to manage users with publishing rights?
-The REMIT UMM responsible person at the subscribing company will be responsible for providing Nord Pool with the user list for his/her company and make sure these are up to date.
-All users for a Company will have equal publishing rights.
-3rd Party users not employed by the subscriber may be set up in REMIT UMM allowing 3rd parties to publish REMIT UMM’s and infrastructure data on behalf of the subscriber (ACER Market Participant).
13. How to log on?
-You will log on to the system at the REMIT UMM web page, using Single Sign On (SSO) with personal user credentials.
-Single Sign On (SSO) allow you to log on to multiple Nord Pool IT platforms.
14. How do I access the REMIT UMM test system?
Please request access to the test platform through email@example.com.
The test platform will be made available during October 2016.
15. Is the ACER Manual of Procedures on Data reporting binding for market participants?
ACER MoP defines the framework for what and how to report insider information to comply to REMIT article 4. Any unclarities and question on regulatory interpretation shall be raised to NRA´s and ultimately ACER.
16. What are the disclosure requirements for Norwegian customers with respect to Market Conduct Rules and REMIT?
The disclosure requirements for Norwegian customers in MCR require all information as requested by the UMM system to be reported. This in practice means that the disclosure requirements on applicable for Norwegian customers are harmonized with ACER´s requirements.
17. Is the RSS available for the public?
Yes. To set it up, following these steps:
- After you have set the filter you want to subscribe to, click on the RSS button (on top of your message list, next to the line showing the number of messages from your filter)
- After the page with he RSS messages opens, copy he URL from that page.
- Then go to for example Outlook and create a new RSS feed and paste the URL as the source of your new RSS feed.
- Delivery folder can also be specified (or the default can be used)
- After saving, the messages should appear in the the Delivery folder
18. Some outages result in that up to 10 units are isolated from the synchronous system. How is this handled?
Information not related to a particular unit falls under message category “Other market information” (REMIT). The Remarks field can be used to state affected units.
19. Will email notification be part of new REMIT UMM system?
No. The email notification feature is replaced by RSS feed which user can subscribe to in web browser.
20. Which market participant code shall I use to identify myself when reporting a REMIT UMM?
According to ACER MoP any the 5 allowed code (EIC, BIC, LEI, GS1, ACER code) formats can be used to identify the Market Participant. It shall however be the same code as the market participant has registered with ACER.
21. Can I report multiple time periods with different capacity related to one event/REMIT UMM?
22. How do I report events that refers to commissioning of a new power plant or transmission line (reported as Expansion/Dismantling in old UMM system)?
The ACER message category Other Market Information shall be used in this case. See also ACER MoP for further clarification.
23. [TSO] Is it possible to define ASSET in the UMM system?
Yes, the same global data list of ASSETS (e.g. grid tie-lines) will be available also in new system. ASSET with its EIC code will be selectable when publishing REMIT UMM on a Transmission/Connection as well as for Other Market Information.
24. [TSO] How do I report an Isolation from grid that may affect several production units?
For example, a transmission failure that isolates several production units from grid, the ACER message category “Other Market Information” can be used for reporting and also to state the effected ASSET (tie-line).
25. Is it possible to attach files to UMMs?
No. This is not core functionality of REMIT UMM as a regular reporting and information disclosure tool.
26. How is the available capacity calculated for overlapping events reducing capacity in the same period?
The lowest value that is reported.
27. [TSO] Do outages on several Transmission lines/Connections require several REMIT UMMs?
No, user can add multiple Transmission lines to each REMIT UMM.
28. Does the REMIT UMM system have a draft functionality in order to prepare templates prior publishing REMIT UMMs?
Yes, user can create and update draft UMMs. Also it is possible to save published REMIT UMMs as a draft template for future use.
29. What about the usage of the “Remarks” field in the UMM system?
-“Remarks” field is to be used to provide an explanation on the reason(s) for the message:
-Mandatory field for message category “Other market information”
-Optional field for message category “Unavailabilities of electricity facility”
30. How can I get notification of newly published REMIT UMMs?
You have to set up your browser to subscribe to the REMIT UMM RSS feed. Depending on RSS plugin you may also set up a RSS reader to forward custom filtered emails to your email address.
31. Free text field "Reason for Unavailability": Are there any guidelines to what should be added in this field?
-ACER MoP: “The field Reason for the unavailability provides an explanation on the cause(s) of the unavailability”
-Example: The plant is shut down due to the broken coal conveyor
32. Free text field “Remarks”: Are there any guidelines to what should be added in this field?
-ACER MoP: “The field Remarks provides more detailed information on the event that allows a full understanding of its potential impact on wholesale energy prices.”
-Example: The event stop date represents a current best estimate. Fixing the conveyor belt may take 2 to 4 days more time.
33. Market participant: Is this one of the default values, based on the user login?
No. Market Participants is selected from official ACER Market Participants list by Name from dropdown menu. Registered ACER code is automatically populated. If user want to have predefined Market Participants, this can be achieved by saving a draft template for the message.
34. Can user login be one/a few users per company or will they have to be personal? If they have to be personal, what is the reason for that?
REMIT UMM is included in Nord Pool Single sign-on. This means that user only need login once to access all Nord Pool applications. However, the concept also requires personal accounts.
35. Do the XML files on the FTP comply with the ACER schema? Or is this just the case for the RSS (I've heard both).
XML files on FTP will be based on the ACER schema. However, the exact files will differ in some extent. One major reason for this is that ACER Schema only allows one capacity value per message – Nord Pool XMLs supports multiple time periods and capacities. Please see provided XML examples files.
36. Is it possible to get an example of one RSS feed message that would contain some UMMs?
Customer RSS is available in Test system
37. In case one market participant is going to perform ACER REMIT reporting (publish UMMs) on behalf another ACER market participant on regular base, how to set-up that in the application?
The Publishing party need to register for UMM REMIT. In the application the Publishing Party selects the ACER Market Participant Name for the other party. Example: Company X want to publish on behalf of Market Participant Y. Company X publish the UMM and selects Market Participant Y in the publication form. The operational setup needs to be agreed upon between Company X and Market Participant Y. The system allows both parties to publish on same Market Participant Name (the stated Publisher will be different though).
38. In the video example, Nord Pool Finland published UMM on behalf of Vattenfall AB. Where did you set the publisher role/publisher market participant?
There is no link between the Publishing Company and the selected ACER Market Participant in the message – the responsibility to state the correct ACER Market Participant lies on the Publisher.
39. After the cut-off in December, are New UMM xml-files available in the current XML-format/structure or only in the New format? In other Words, will there be an overlap period?
After the launch of the new system in December, only the new XML file format will be provided.