Becoming a customer
To trade on Nord Pool’s day-ahead and intraday markets you need to go through a simple application process.
We offer different types of membership and our staff will be happy to advise on what membership will suit you and your organisation best. Currently 360 customers from 20 different countries trade in our markets.
To become a customer, an applicant must:
- be financially sound
- have registered with a VAT register
- hold a balancing agreement with the TSO (Transmission System Operator) in your requested trading area (ELEXON in the UK)
Nord Pool is pleased to accept customers from all jurisdictions.
What happens in the application process?
- Contact your local Market Managers to get an initial application form
- Our risk team will conduct a short assessment and decide whether to forward your application
- If the application is approved, we will provide you with an agreements package containing the agreements you need to sign to start trading with us.
- Throughout the membership process our support team is here to work with you. We will guide you and can help with technical set up.
Once everything is in place you are ready to start trading with us.
We can also guide you on how to secure your bank agreement and collateral, how to get your balancing agreement by TSOs/ELEXON in place, and assist with preparation for approval by National Regulators.
Provide the details required and send this to your local Market Managers. Include:
- Telephone number
- Company name