Terms and conditions for use
Telephone: Tel: +47 67 10 91 00
Strategy, M&A, and People
Director Market Coupling Operator
|Marianne W. Jenssen,
Competent Supervisory Authority
Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate
Norges Vassdrags- og Energidirektoratet (NVE)
Nord Pool AS:
Organisation number: 919 585 099
VAT identification number: NO919585099MVA
Nord Pool European Market Coupling Operator AS:
Organisation number: 984 058 098
VAT identification number: NO984058098MVA
We also provide information about the use of analytics tools and cookies on our website and how you can administrate your preferences for these activities.
1. How we collect and use your personal data
Personal data is any information related to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes details such as names, mailing addresses, email-addresses, telephone numbers as well as behavioural data such as orders you place on our trading platforms or the IP-address you use when you connect to our website or our trading platforms.
The types of personal data that we collect and how we use that information depends on your relationship with Nord Pool:
1. Visitors of our website: We collect information that is transmitted by you and your device (including your IP-address) to provide you with the service you request from our website. The information is only stored for the duration of your visit and will typically not allow us to identify you as an individual, with the exception of information you provide through the "contact us" form. We also collect anonymous and aggregated information about visits to our website for statistical purposes. The information is used to:
- Provide you with information from our website (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Transmit and reply to requests made through the "contact us" form on the website, (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Reply to questions and requests made through the “Chat now” function on the website, (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Understand how users interact with and use our website (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Process a contract or an application between Nord Pool and the company with which you are connected in order for Nord Pool to provide the services subscribed, or for such company to become a Member of Nord Pool (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
2. Registered users of our trading platforms: We collect your contact information (incl. your name, email and telephone number), information about the customer you are trading under (typically your employer), information about your user credentials (username and password) and the device you are using to connect to our trading platform as well as activities conducted on our platforms such as initiating and completing orders or managing your preferences. The information is used to:
- Provide our services to you and the customer you are trading under (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (b))
- Issue notifications and other important communications to you (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Provide information about orders and transactions to the customer you are trading under (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f)) and to regulatory authorities when required by law (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (c))
- To ensure adequate security of personal data and the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the trading platforms
3. Business contacts: We collect contact information and other basic personal data about individuals working for our business partners (including customers and suppliers) when and to the extent necessary to conduct our business. The information is used to:
- Provide services to you and/or your employer, including ensuring we comply with our contractual obligations (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Communicate and provide information to you that is relevant for the company with which you are connected (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Create a database in order to send you news and updates that are relevant to you and/or and the company with which you are connected (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Market events or our services in general to you and/or and the company with which you are connected, subject to your marketing preferences (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (a) and (f))
If you no longer wish that we process your personal data for these purposes, you have the right to object or withdraw your consent at any time (cf. GDPR article 21 (2)).
4. Visitors of our offices: We collect your name, telephone number and employer/organisation when you visit our offices. The information is used to:
- Provide notifications to the person you are visiting (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (f))
- Ensure adequate security of our premises (cf. GDPR article 6 (1) (c))
5. Callers to Nord Pool's trading desk: We record incoming and outgoing telephone calls on Nord Pool's trading desk. Participants will be notified about the recording and the purposes in the beginning to the call. The information is used to:
- Monitor compliance with Nord Pool's Rulebook, hereunder the market conduct rules
- Handle incidents and disputes, including information related to a transaction or trading or any instructions given in connection with an issue or incident related to Nord Pool's platforms or the market coupling process
- Investigate breaches of applicable law
- Monitor service quality and to train personnel
* Nord Pool Group consist of the following companies: Nord Pool Holding AS, Nord Pool AS, Nord Pool Finland Oy, Nord Pool AB, Nord Pool Consulting AS, Nord Pool European Market Coupling Operator AS, Nord Pool European Market Coupling Operator Oy, and Nord Pool European Market Coupling Operator AB.
This website may install cookies on your computer. Cookies are small files collecting data on the use of the website in an anonymised form. Our cookies do not collect sensitive data such as your name or address.
If you prefer to block or delete our cookies, you can control that through our cookie control page. Some of the functionality of our website will be lost if you delete all cookies. By not adjusting your cookie settings on the cookie control page or in your browser, you are deemed to consent to cookies according to Norwegian electronic communication act section 2-7b.
3. Disclosure to third parties
Nord Pool does not disclose personal data to third parties, with the following exceptions:
- Nord Pool may disclose information to authorities and other third parties when necessary to comply with legal obligations or to fulfil statutory rights
- Information may be disclosed to another company in the Nord Pool Group when this is necessary in order to provide the relevant services to you or our customer (your employer/organisation
- When trading on Nord Pool's trading platforms, Nord Pool may disclose orders, transactions and other relevant data to our customer (your employer/organisation)
- Information may be disclosed to our ultimate majority shareholder (Euronext) for the purpose of identifying and assessing cooperation possibilities within current business models as well as to identify business opportunities
- Nord Pool may use external service providers as data processors in accordance with section 4 below
4. Use of data processors
When providing services to our customers, we may use external service providers to process personal data on our behalf as data processors. Such data processors are subject to strict requirements regarding the processing and safeguarding of personal data and may not use personal data for other purposes than providing the agreed services to Nord Pool. In addition, the data processors must comply with specific requirements and obligations for data processors under applicable data protection legislation.
Some of these data processors may transfer data outside of the EU/EEA-area. If so, such transfers are subject to appropriate safeguards in the form of standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU commission or an approved certification mechanism, cf. GDPR article 46 (2) (c) and (f).
5. How long we retain your personal data
Personal data is only kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they are processed. The criteria for determining the retention period includes:
- The nature of your relationship with us and how the data was collected
- The nature and sensitivity of the personal data
- The purposes for which the personal data is being used
- The existence of any legal obligations to retain the personal data
Telephone records of Nord Pool's trading desk are kept for 9 months, unless further retention is necessary due to an ongoing dispute or investigation.
6. Your rights
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have a right to:
- Be informed if your personal data is being used ("Right to Information")
- Find out if an organisation is using or storing your personal data, and to get copies of your data ("Right of Access")
- Challenge the accuracy of personal data held about you by an organisation and get your data corrected ("Right to Rectification")
- Ask an organisation to delete personal data that it holds about you ("Right to Erasure")
- Limit the way an organisation use your data ("Right to Restriction")
- Get your personal data from an organisation in a way that is accessible ("Right to Data Portability")
- Object to the processing or use of your personal data in some circumstances ("Right to Object")
In addition, you have a right to withdraw your consent if processing is based upon your consent ("Right to Withdraw Consent") and to lodge a complaint with both Nord Pool and the data protection authorities.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To facilitate the efficient handling of your rights, we ask that you are as specific as possible in your request. As an example, requests for access to telephone recording to Nord Pool's trading desk shall contain the date of the telephone call and the number from/to which it was made.
In case of queries concerning the collection, use or other processing of your personal data, including exercising of your individual rights, please contact:
Nord Pool AS
P.O. Box 121
Telephone: +47 67 10 91 00
This section only applies to personal data which you may provide directly to us or via third parties, in the following cases:
- You participate in a recruitment initiative
- You voluntarily submit your resume to a representative of Nord Pool on an ad hoc basis
- You apply for an advertised job
- A recruiter provides your resume or details to Nord Pool
- Nord Pool finds your CV / details in online searches e.g. LinkedIn
- You are referred to an open position by an employee of Nord Pool
This section applies:
- To any and all job applications submitted to and recruitment initiatives co-ordinated by Nord Pool
8.1 The Personal Data we process
As part of the recruitment and job application process, we collect the personal data that you your referrer submit to us, which may include
This may include general personal data such as your name, gender, residential address, email address, contact telephone numbers, nationality etc.
|Details about your previous employement||
Such as the former company names, length of service, business titles and details on your previous roles.
|Qualifications||Such as your skills, education, the languages you speak (including your level of proficiency), your eligibility to work in a particular country (e.g. minimum legal age to work, citizenship or visa details), your experience in the job you apply for and other industries, etc.|
|Preferences||Such as positions you may be interested in, information about when you may be available to interview and/or start date for Nord Pool or work on ongoing basis (e.g. full or part time or on weekends), whether you are open to relocation or working remotely, whether you are willing to travel for work and whether you have your own transport.|
|Publicly available infromation||Details about you which we gather from publicly available sources over the internet and your social media accounts where such searches are relevant to the job you have applied for within Nord Pool.|
|Other information||Details you may provide us in response to our queries or questions at interview stage (including information about you which we generate throughout the interview and/or recruitment process), at reference check stage, to complete psychometrics tests (where applicable) or details required where mandatory in the respect of local requirements laws.|
The main mandatory information we need to proceed with your recruitment is your resumé (CV). You may remove personal data from your resumé.
8.2 How and Why we process your personal data
LEGITIMATE INTERESTS (GDPR 6 (1) (f))
It is necessary to process your personal data where it is necessary for the purpose of initiate and facilitating the recruitment process.
We obtain, collect and process your personal data:
COMPLIANCE WITH A LEGAL OBLIGATION (GDPR 6 (1) (c))
It is necessary to process your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations imposed on us as an employer under applicable laws.
We obtain, collect and process your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations, which may include:
When we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you and your data protection rights. We will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted by law).
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collect it (as outlined in this section), unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
8.3 Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose some or all of your personal data to the following parties:
- Internal business units such as Human Resources, IT, Finance/Payroll, Managers, system administrators, our trusted third party service providers and our IT service providers;
- Your previous employers when you have provided them as a reference third parties that may be contacted to provide additional information related to your previous work experiences;
- Recruitment agencies;
- Regulatory authorities:
- Outsourced service providers who assist Nord Pool with recruitment initiatives and campaigns such as recruitment agencies, technical test assessment, background check companies (where applicable); etc.
Professional advisors such as legal advisors, consultants and accountants.
8.4 Retention of your personal data
Where you are a successful job applicant, the personal data generated by us and provided by you over the course of the job application/recruitment process will be retained by us for the purpose of your contract of employment. Such personal data will be retained in accordance with our internal privacy policies.
Where you are an unsuccessful job applicant, we will retain your personal data for a period of up to 12 months after it is determined that your application has been unsuccessful for the purposes of both contacting you in relation to future vacancies within Nord Pool which we think may be of interest to you and, for the purpose of defending any potential employment equality claims.
Please note that in certain circumstances, we may hold your data for a longer period, for example, if we are processing an ongoing claim or believe in good faith that the law or a relevant regulator may reasonably in our view expect or require us to preserve your personal data.
Terms and conditions for use of website
By accessing and using this website, or any service of this website, you acknowledge, accept and agree to all of our terms and conditions of use as described below, and otherwise contained on or referenced in this website. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, you are not authorized to access and use this website.
The proprietary rights of all contents of this website, including any copyrights, databases (whether or not protected by law), trade marks, designs or other intellectual property rights are the exclusive property of Nord Pool, or such third party credited as the provider of the contents. Any use of the content contained or provided through this website, except as specifically permitted by these terms and conditions, is strictly prohibited.
You may download, store and use the contents of this website for use in connection with trading on the Nord Pool market, and for analysis or research of your firm or company, provided you keep intact all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the contents of this website available to any other party or make the same available on any website, on-line service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or on any other media without our express prior written consent from Nord Pool's Power Data Services. You can contact them through email@example.com.
Nord Pool does not permit automatic extraction of data or other usage that reduces the performance of the website. Any such extraction or usage will lead to the user being blocked from the website without further notice.
Nord Pool expressly disclaims any responsibility for any mistakes or inaccuracies in the information to the fullest extent permitted by law. Furthermore, Nord Pool disclaims all liability for loss or damage, which may result from the use of information contained on this website.
Any links to other websites are provided for convenience only, and Nord Pool assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the contents of those other websites linked to, or any products or services advertised or sold on those websites.
You acknowledge and agree that we may modify these terms and conditions of use at any time, at our sole discretion, and that all modifications will be effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on this site.
These terms and conditions are subject to Norwegian law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Norway.