Employees are our strongest asset
Diversity and inclusion
- Nord Pool is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We follow this up continuously in terms of our employment approach around gender, age and ethnicity. Our 150 employees represent over 30 different nationalities from five continents.
- 38% of our employees identify as female and 62% as male. A third of our top executives and managers are women. Reducing salary differences between employees of different gender and age is a topic of continuous monitoring and improvement.
Educating staff and social interaction
- We educate our employees about diversity, equity and inclusion to reduce the risk of unconscious bias affecting our behaviour towards each other or impairing our decision making in recruitment situations. We also educate our employees in cultural awareness and sensitivity, through coaching.
- As we operate in a niche market it is important for us to keep continuously up to date with the latest developments in the energy sector and our industry regulation. For this purpose, we encourage our employees to share their knowledge through different fora; we are continuously exploring ways to improve internal knowledge-sharing.
- We interact with surrounding society through participation in pro bono work such as lectures at universities and business schools, industry events and seminars.
- Together with other Euronext group companies we take part in environmental campaigns and offer our employees the opportunity to dedicate two working days a year to their chosen charity.
- We strongly encourage young fathers to spend time with their families and use their full parental leave and other opportunities available to them. And of course, we do the same for young mothers.
- We monitor the accumulation of extra hours (overtime or flexible hours) closely to prevent burnout and imbalance between work and life outside. We offer the opportunity to do team sports or solo fitness training. Through a close cooperation with occupational health care, we aim to educate our employees in the importance of regular exercise, sufficient sleep and a healthy diet.
If you have any questions with regard to how Nord Pool work to integrate respect for human rights in our everyday activities you can contact us on email@example.com