APX-ENDEX, Nord Pool Spot, Statnett and TenneT hereby announce that the Cross Border Intraday (XBID) project for the Dutch-Norwegian interconnector will be launched as planned on 14 March 2012 under condition of successful finalization of the testing of the systems and approval of the regulators.
This Cross Border Intraday solution (XBID) entails the implicit allocation of available capacity on the Dutch-Norwegian interconnector in the intraday timeframe. This will couple the existing Dutch-Belgian XBID market operated by APX-ENDEX and Belpex with the XBID market operated by Nord Pool Spot in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Germany. It means that market participants can trade across this whole region provided there is cross border capacity and it is therefore an important step towards the European target model for an integrated intraday electricity market.
Wednesday 14 March at 21:00 CET the available capacity for the Dutch-Norwegian interconnector will be made available by the TSOs to the Elbas platform. Once published, intraday cross border trading between Norway and the Netherlands can take place.
Planned outage schedule
To prepare for this launch the intraday markets operated by APX-ENDEX, Belpex and Nord Pool Spot will have a planned system outage on 12 March 2012 starting at 17:00 CET.
This means that:
- The BE-NL cross border market will be closed at 15:15 CET
- The local NL market will be closed at 16:45 CET
- The local BE market will be closed at 16:45 CET
- The Nordic markets will be closed at 16:45 CET.
The planned system outage will take at least 2 hours. Members will be advised in good time as to when the markets will re-open.
About Nord Pool Spot
Nord Pool Spot runs the leading power market in Europe and offers both day-ahead and intraday markets to its members. 350 companies from 20 countries trade on the market. The Nord Pool Spot group has offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Tallinn and London. In 2011 the group had a total turnover of 316 TWh, which includes the auction volume in the UK market N2EX.
Lysaker, 29 February 2012
For more information, please contact:
- APX-ENDEX: Rob Loos, Account Manager (email@example.com)
- Nord Pool Spot: Stina Johansen, Communications Manager Nordic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Statnett: Håvard Mjelde, Head of Department Statnett SF (email@example.com)
- TenneT: TenneT customer care center, (firstname.lastname@example.org)